Thursday, June 4, 2015

The kids or the job?.......Some takeaways for a Mom

The kids or the job? When the job profile makes sure that there is very little or no time for the kids quite often, what can be done? On the other hand, the job is not something to be ignored promptly and forgotten about! 

Oh! Motherhood and the thousands of matters that come to the fore with that!

Excerpt from my book 'Rays and Rains'.....

I had been missing her during my morning walks. Somehow she knew I did feel unhappy sometimes for having given up a lucrative job just when I was getting ready to make up for the two years I had been away from my career to be a stay-at-home mom to my infant son. Somehow she knew that along with the joys of mothering my two children now, I did feel the pull to go back to my old life sometimes. Somehow she knew occasionally I found myself on the horns of a dilemma. And she had told me “Years later it won’t matter which house you stayed in or which car you drove, but that you made a difference to a child’s life.” She didn’t see my having a soft corner for my kids as a weak point.

She didn’t see my changing my life for the sake of my kids as a drawback in me. “Yes, I do come down regularly for walks. Looks like our timings weren’t matching these days.”
 .............................................
The rest is in my book 'Rays and Rains'.....
..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment