Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Have you ever thought of yourself as a 'BAND-AID'?

Have you ever thought of yourself as a 'BAND-AID'?

"A crestfallen mother had to reluctantly accept the truth – I was only the hurriedly put “band-aid”. Dev’s “cut” actually healed with the magic word “Sorry” from his buddy.

As I leant back in my armchair, peals of laughter of two happy souls from the lawn came floating up to me. I smiled at my
selfishness (How could I be pleased with their fighting!?) and my foolishness (How could I even think of replacing Ravi!?).

I took up my long-pending book, relieved that my son is finally learning to forgive and forget, but staying prepared to serve as a band-aid once again, just in case he felt the need for it anytime.

As long as mothers existed, there will never be a dearth of these special “band-aids” in this world!

***************************************************
Some years ago, when I was a full-time working mother, this small event in my son’s life helped me accept that a child’s friend can relegate the mother to a backseat in her son’s world, at least temporarily…………."

Grab a copy of my book 'Rays and Rains' from flipkart to find out how you too can be a BAND-AID.....

http://www.flipkart.com/rays-rains-colourful-diary-life-journey-parents-children-english/p/itmefspxbpnpyvsu?pid=9781482833638&otracker=from-search&srno=t_5&query=rays+and+rains&ref=5a40d318-c780-42d6-a039-a51b8aea907d

No comments:

Post a Comment